It's finally here! The post I've been wanting to do FOREVER. I'm going to share with all of you today my current favorite hair products (I'm a product junkie, I'm liable to get a new favorite lol) and my hair routine.
My routine is simple. I wash/cleanse my hair the first Sunday of the month. Then I co-wash every week for the rest of the month. I deep condition once a week and do a protein treatment once a month. After my hair is all clean, detangled, and deep conditioned I moisturize it, seal it with oil, put styler in it and twist it. 98% the time my hair is in twists because letting my curls roam free is just too much work right now. So that's it for my routine, pretty simple, just a long process (I have a love/hate relationship with washing my hair). Now for all the stuff I use.... are you ready?
Cleansers/Clarifier (Once A Month)
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo I've been using the same bottle for over a year lol. It does is job, cleans my hair without it feeling completely stripped. The smell is AH-MAZING, coconutty goodness.
- Baking Soda I make a paste with this and exfoliate my scalp.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Using 3 parts water 1 part ACV, I rinse it through my hair while the baking soda is still on my scalp. I let it sit for for at least a minute. Rinse completely.
- As I Am Coconut Co-Wash This is my numero uno co-wash! It leaves my hair so soft and moisturized, but still refreshed. Great slip, so you can also detangle with it. I'm addicted to the way it smells... SO GOOD!
- Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner This is my jack of all trades. I also use this as a co-wash sometimes but I prefer As I Am. As detangler and conditioner this is my baby. I even use it as a moisturizer and styler!
I love to try out different deep conditioners. A lot of times I do D.I.Y ones. The 2 I'm going to list below are my current favorites and what I've been using for some time now.
- Palmers Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack (once a month) I really like this protein treatment. My hair loves it, it smells delicious and it's not as messy as the d.i.y Greek yogurt mask.
- OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Intense Moisturizing Treatment I LOVE IT! That is all lol. It leaves my hair soft and shiny. It smells so pretty, I randomly sniff it whenever I go in the closet lol, and a little goes a long way.
- Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream This is my boo, my baby, my everything. It moisturizes and defines my curls. Oh and of course it smells like that Crack lol. I'm on my 3rd just about to buy number 4. It'll take a lot to get me to try something different.
- Unrefined Coconut Oil My day one.
- OGX Nourishing Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist I use this everyday after I spray my hair with a conditioner and water mixture.
- Eco Styler Gel This is my only styler right now. It smooths out my frizz and lays those edges down. It gives my curls the best hold and definition.
And that is it ladies. I really hope you enjoyed this post. I'm very happy I finally did it. There are a few new products from Shea Moisture that I can't wait to try. When I do, I'll try to do a review for you. Who knows, I might get some new favorites. What's some of your favorite curly/natural hair products? I would love to know. If there is anything you would like me to do a post on, please let me know in the comments below.
Thanks For Stopping By!