Thursday, October 18, 2012

Negative Space Tape Manicure with Studs

Posted by Starlett Approved at 3:46 PM
Hi everyone! I decided to play with my striping tape again.  I wanted to try to do more with it.  Rather than being my lazy self and doing just 3 stripes which I've already done...twice :) Tape manicures are tedious and that's a bit of a deterrent for me.  All the cutting and placing and waiting for nail polish to dry, I get tired just thinking about it.  While doing dishes I had an idea that would cut out the long nail polish drying wait time...NEGATIVE SPACE!!!
I still did a base coat and that dries in no time at all.   Check it, I made patterns with the striping tape rather than just stripes WOOT WOOT. I actually didn't go crazy and wanted to give up while doing these.  That always happens when I decide to work with tape. Mostly because I'm worried something is going to get messed up.
I figured out how to make tape manicures work for me.  I literally work on one nail at a time.  Not moving on to the next nail until the previous one has top coat on and is dry.  It's not very time efficient but it gives me a piece of mind.
The studs weren't actually a part of the original plan.  I didn't add them on until after I uploaded pictures of my nails on my laptop.   Looking at in photographs I felt like it was missing something.  
Does that ever happen to you?  You finish your nails, love it and then after looking at it on a computer screen feel the need to add more  Are you a tape manicure girl?  Striping tape or Scotch tape.

What I Used:
Thanks For Stopping By!

5 comments:

Improbable Nails on October 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM said...

What a nice idea! I definitely have to try it on my nails, I'll mention you on my blog when I'll do it!

Unknown on October 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM said...

I love this!! I've been wanting to try a look with naked nails underneath for so long - you've inspired me now!!

Starlett Approved on October 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM said...

Thanks ;) can't wait to see them. Make sure to email me so I don't miss it :)

Starlett Approved on October 19, 2012 at 7:39 AM said...

Thank you so much Nicole!! :) I'm looking forward to seeing your negative space nails.

Unknown on October 24, 2012 at 6:17 PM said...

I like these!

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos