Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 31

Posted by Starlett Approved at 5:43 PM
It took forever but I finally made it.  Day 31 of the challenge is here, yay.  Sad to see the challenge end but so happy it's over.  Todays theme was to recreate your favorite nail art, I assume from another nail artist.  I honestly couldn't think of anything.  There are a lot of designs I love from so many nail artists.  I just wasn't in the mental state to recreate any of it, ya know?  Instead I redid a challenge theme, I went with Day 17: Glitter!
Funny, I did the glitter theme twice last year as well.  What can I say? I'm a Glitter Gal. Sparkles run through my veins hehe.  This base is definitely my favorite glitter of ALL TIME!!
Look at all that holo goodness :D.  This is actually a franken, one that you can definitely do yourself.  I got the idea from @adri_doll on Instagram.  She mixed the Wet n Wild Confetti Glitz, that just came out for Halloween, into a bottle of clear nail polish.  It's so packed full of glittery sexiness I only needed 2 coats, if you add more confetti 1 coat will be good.  It reminds me of Models Own Juicy Jules but I would need at least 3 or 4 thick coats for this much coverage.
On top of the glitter I tried out the Sugar Spun technique.  After seeing my girlies Sarah of Chalkboard Nails and Emmie of Just Tis Ems sugar spun nails I NEEDED to try it out.  I used this tutorial and Emmies tutorial to find out how it's done.  It's a bit tricky and you have to practice a little just to get a feel of it.  It's a lot like water marble.  You need to figure out which polishes work and you need patience ;).
I can't believe my 31 Day Challenge is over! I had so much fun with it.  Yeah I took longer than 31 days but you can't control life and feeling like crap haha.  I'm going to work on a Challenge Summary post, hopefully I'll have that for you tomorrow.  See you soon beautiful!

Polishes Used:
  • Starlicious Lacquer- Starlite Approved
  • LA Girl Turntable
  • Wet n Wild Candy-licious
Thanks For Stopping By



4 comments:

Unknown on October 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM said...

Super pretty nails. Congrats on finishing the challenge. I would love to join a group like this to get better at nailart, but don't know if I can be completely committed to it. Like you said life can get in the way.

Starlett Approved on October 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM said...

Thank you so much Rhonda. Yeah the tempo of the challenge is crazy but if you don't want to do it everyday you could still draw inspiration from the challenge :)

Unknown on October 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM said...

If you put a challenge together let me know I just might join :)

Starlett Approved on October 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM said...

YES!! :) I definitely well let you know babe...maybe a christmas challenge.

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos