Monday, September 10, 2012

Watercolor Rainbow Roses Tutorial

Posted by Starlett Approved at 3:12 PM

My first tutorial Hooray!!! 

What I used/What You'll Need:
You don't have to use stripers if you don't have a rainbow array of them.  You can use a small dotting tool, toothpick, bobby pin or a nail art brush with any polish you want to use.  In the little dappen dish is the Acetone.
Step 1: Apply your Base Coat, got to protect the babies.
Step 2: Apply your Base Color let it dry a bit.
Then you'll apply top coat to protect the color from the acetone you'll use later. 
Let that dry completely!
Step 3: Place generous (not too much though) small dots of each color in no particular order. 
You can even change up the color placement with each rose.  
Work quickly you don't want it to dry. 
Step 4: Dip your small brush into the acetone and start mixing the colors.
In a dragging motion towards the other colors and the center.
Step 5: You'll do step 3 and step 4 until you have the amount of roses you want.
For the roses that are cut off you'll just use about 3 colors instead of all 6.
Let this dry completely before moving on.
Step 6: Outline your roses, I used a black nail art pen.
You can also use a toothpick or the pointy ended dotting tool.
Let it dry
Then finally, clean up your cuticles and add your topcoat because you're done ;)

I would REALLY LOVE feedback from you on this tutorial.
Do you like it? Was it helpful? Did I explain it well? Should I do more? :)

Please let me know if you use the tutorial to recreate the design! I would LOVE to see it!

Thank you for stopping by XOXO

6 comments:

Very Emily on September 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM said...

Love the tutorial and the nails! I will definitely be trying this out very soon! <3 Your tutorial was really great, can't wait to see more of them!

Love you!

Starlett Approved on September 10, 2012 at 3:57 PM said...

Thank you Wifey :) Ugh can't wait to see it. I know it'll be perfection!!
Love you too ;)

Starlett Approved on September 10, 2012 at 3:57 PM said...

Thank you Wifey :) Ugh can't wait to see it. I know it'll be perfection!!
Love you too ;)

Unknown on September 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM said...

Love this and one of my faves from you! Can't wait to try it out!

Starlett Approved on September 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM said...

Thank you my sexy nail art mama!!! Can't wait to see it :) I expect it to be gorgeous!

Starlett Approved on September 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM said...

Thank you my sexy nail art mama!!! Can't wait to see it :) I expect it to be gorgeous!

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos