Thursday, September 13, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 13

Posted by Starlett Approved at 3:33 PM
Hey there boos, I see everyone crossed their beautifully manicured fingers for me!  There was a slight hiccup and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do my nails for todays challenge, which is Animal Print.  I seemed to have pinched a nerve in my right hand that was making movement of my middle finger and my wrist hurt. But all of you hoping for the best for my nails today in the back of your minds haha got me past it.  It still feels a little funky but I feel way better than last night.  Which is great because I was able to do TURTLE nails!!!


I'm so loving these right now.  When I was trying to figure out what I want to do for todays challenge I immediately knew I wanted to to draw the animals silhouette on my nails as a pattern.  Randomly the other day turtles popped into my head.  So I decided hey why not do turtle shell print and turtle silhouette nails.  I was really excited because the last time I did turtle shell nails I used a stamping plate and I've never drawn an animal on my nails before.  Why not let my first be Mr. Starlett Approved's FAVORITE animal in the whole world.
He actually helped me again with these.  I originally didn't have the gold glitter outlines and the gold glitter dots.  I showed him my nails and he suggested I needed to add lines on the shell nails.  What would I do without him? :) I seriously can't stop staring at them, glitter will do that to you haha.  While doing my nails I kept remembering the funniest experience I ever had with a turtle.  Wanna hear it? I'm gonna tell you anyway lol.  
About 2 summers ago Mr. Starlett Approved and I were at the beach.  Enjoying the water and having a blast when I saw something in the water.  It was a turtle about the size of my hand.  I picked it up and showed Charlie.  We were both shocked to find a turtle in the water in Brooklyn.  So I'm holding it and I noticed this black thing coming out from between his legs, I freak out and drop him in the water thinking he's pooping on my hand.  Charlie picks him back up and the black thing is gone.  So I take the turtle back to apologize for dropping him and the black thing came out again.  An already long story short we find out that the turtle is a boy and kind of liked me lol.  It was his little tilly willy haha.  We then took him to Central Parks Turtle Pond to live.  I'm just a bit turtle penis traumatized now, you would be too!

Polishes Used
  • Sephora by O.P.I Nonfat Soy Half Caff
  • Sinful Colors Last Chance
  • Sinful Colors Paris
  • Milani Jewel FX Gold

Thanks For Stopping By!

3 comments:

~Daysi on September 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM said...

Way cool, great job :)

Starlett Approved on September 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM said...

Thank you very much! :)

Unknown on September 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM said...

I'm impressed with the silhouette. Great mani and funny story :)

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos