Tuesday, September 25, 2012

31 Day Challenge 2.0 Day 22

Posted by Starlett Approved at 12:52 PM
Hello there, I'm back YAY!!! I've missed you guys something fierce.  It's only been 3 days but it feels like a century.   If you follow me on tumblr you know that I took a time out to handle my lighting situation.  If you follow me on Instagram you may already know that I made myself a light box yesterday and mama LOVES it.  Having a light box is the most amazing thing to me.  I'm no longer a slave to the sun.  I can do my nails and take photos of them WHENEVER I want...AH-MAZING!!!  So I finally have for you my Inspired by a Song nails.
This was a really difficult challenge for me. I'm a full time mom and the only songs I know are on Nick Jr and Disney Junior smh.  For some reason not even old songs sparked inspiration.  I thought about my nails from last year I did Rude Boy by Rihanna then I thought of her BFF Katy Perry.  Then I thought Part Of Me would be perfect.  I've never done camouflage on my nails before.

You know you have A LOT of nail polishes when you don't remember what you have haha.  After I made the decision to do camouflage nails I went to get the colors I would need.  Crossing my fingers I would find greens close enough to what I was looking for. 
Then in the last drawer I found Sephora by O.P.I Caught With My Khakis Down and Sephora Military Green...VICTORY!  I started this design with 2 coats of CWMKD.  I then let that dry completely. Using only a double ended dotting tool I added the random shapes and lines. 
I referenced a google image of a camo onesie to figure out the balance of the shapes and colors. Of course the mommy would pick the onesie image haha.  I'm going to do my best to catch up on my challenges so I can finish on time with everyone else.  Maybe you'll even see me again later today ;)

Polishes Used:
  • Sephora by O.P.I Caught With My Khakis Down
  • Sephora Military Green
  • Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris
  • Sinful Colors Nirvana
Thanks For Stopping By!!

2 comments:

Unknown on September 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM said...

Very cool, I've seen camo done wrong - you did right!

Starlett Approved on September 25, 2012 at 2:58 PM said...

Awwww Thank you beautiful :)

Post a Comment

 

Starlett Approved Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos